If your last Google search was “WordPress Frameworks” or anything even remotely related to that, then you’re at the right place. Because in this guide
- What you’ll learn:
- What Is a WordPress Framework:-
- Benefits of Using a WordPress Framework:
- Frameworks I’ll be covering:-
- 11. Genesis
- 10. HeadWay
- 9.Elegant Themes
- 8. Themify
- 7. WpZoom:
- 6. Thesis:
- 5. PageLines:
- 4. Ultimatum:
- 3. Tesla Themes:
- 2. Dynamic Site Builder:
- 1. Gantry:
What you’ll learn:
- What is a WordPress Framework.
- Benifits of using WordPress Frameworks.
- Why not to use WordPress Frameworks.
- A list of 11 best WordPress Frameworks for 2016.
What Is a WordPress Framework:-
What is a WordPress Framework? Here’s how WordPress Codex Defined it :-
A “drop-in” code library that is used to facilitate development of a theme.
A stand-alone base/starter Theme that is intended either to be forked into another Theme, or else to be used as a Parent Theme template.
A very complicated definition, is it not? Let me simplify it for you.
A WordPress Framework is a “Parent Theme” that let’s you include other Child themes to it , and this child theme functions as the main theme of the blog.
Benefits of Using a WordPress Framework:
- Build a Site in less than 30 minutes:- Yes, it’s one of the main benifits of a WordPress Framework. With the frameworks, you get an already build page, all you need to do is go out and mostly Drag & Drop the elements and your site is ready.
- Secondly, you don’t have to get into codes.
They let you extend the potential of the CMS known as WordPress. With typical themes, the most you can do is upload a logo or change couple fonts. Well WordPress Frameworks and their themes are created with special attention so that you can do much more then that.
You can customize your theme exactly as you want it, input the seeds of SEO just the right amount, and ofcourse the looks are totally your choice. You don’t need to modify the Parent Theme everytime you want to change just the “looks”. Only change the theme and the parent theme handles the rest.
- It speeds up Development : You can customize your own theme, additionally you don’t need to come back to the Parent Theme styling everytime, just working with the Child theme does the job, and the parent theme remains stable.
- A lot of Customization.
- Specially SEO optimized codes.
- Extended Updates which fix Bugs, and Security loopholes with just a click.
- 0 Coding Skills needed.
Why you should “not” be going with WordPress Frameworks:-
- Learning attitude: Well, if you can setup your WordPress Site in less then 30 minutes, what’s there to learn right? Frameworks are so much efficient that they kill the learning attitude in you, and you get your site in the blink of an eye. It’s up to you to take it as a positive or a negative factor.
- Not free. Well if money is your driving factor, then I’d say it’s one of the cons of using a Framework. Most of these are not free, dont worry keep reading, we’ve got some free stuff too for you.
- Extensive codes: You might not use all the awesome features of a Framework, and so it’s just lying there without use or reason. It doesn’t really affect you directly but if you seriously, like seriously need to convince someone why not to use WordPress frameworks then you can include this too.
Frameworks I’ll be covering:-
- Tesla Themes
- Dynamic Site Builder.
No matter which Framework Review you’re reading on which blog, Genesis “always” comes first. And well not without reason. I’ll list some of the best reasons why you should be going with Genesis:-
- Genesis is used by Top Industry leaders, so it automatically gives the framework an edge . Now if you’re wondering why it’s used by them, then that’s what I’m listing here.
- The best thing about Genesis is, it’s the Parent Framework , and you can download and use it’s thousands of Child Themes which are extremely SEO friendly along with the parent framework.
- Covers an all around aspect of the blog, ranging from Design to Security.
- Let’s you create your own themes.
As I listed above, if you’re not really the codes type of guy, then this is another perfect Framework for you. Here are the reasons why you should be going with it:
- Cutomization: With an extensive feature for you to literally customize anything, from the fonts to the scroll bar just everything.
- Layout Options: Doesn’t matter if you want a one sidebar layout, two, three, or no sidebar at all, it’s totally your choice.
- Element Editor: Let’s you design the elements of the page once you’ve completed the layout. So you can add the flavors there.
- Advanced : I said you can use it if you’re a non coder, right? Well, even if you’re a high end developer, it has all the features you’re gonna need. Live CSS editor, custom block types and much more.
- Headway Marketplace: Allows you to make some bucks by selling your Custom blocks.
- And then , ofcourse, Let’s you create your own child theme.
Elegant Themes is the next awesome framework , for the reasons that it gives you acess to much more then just the theme& the Framework.
- An awesome collection of 87 Themes .
- Awesome Support.
- Premium Plugins: Which can be used with any WordPress theme, and not just that of Elegant Themes. These plugins are premium in the sense that they just take your SERP to the next level without doubt, and not much human labor. So if you’re a lazy script kiddie then itas yet another reason to go with Elegant Themes.
- You don’t get a Child theme , but take it in a positive way, and it actually helps you reduce your confusion and time loss.
- You can’t create your own Themes. So what? How many of you actually even want to?
If you’re just starting out, Elegant themes Framework is exactly for you.
Okay so there’s an awesome team behind Themify, and that’s the reason why you should go for it. Strange reason?
- They do have an awesome Page builder. All based on Drag & drop.
- The framework has specially handcrafted themes from the Team.
- A horizontal and Vertical Grid layout is used while theme creation, meaning those are 100% Responsive.
- Awesome Easy to use Theme panel.
- A lot of widgets.
- Export Import feature. Means next time you’re creating a new site, all you need to do is click on Export, and your new site is as ready as your old one to be worked upon.
WpZoom is another framework that demands your attention. I think it’s best if I just list the features here, so here they are:-
- One Parent Framework, and the rest of the themes work under it.
- Parent Framework not customizable, instead all other Child themes automatically import the awesomeness of the Parent Framework. ( The Style, Optimization, Design ).
- One click Demo Import ( Let’s you import the demo data, so you can make your blog look exactly like the Promotional Demo site, in seconds , and then you can start editing it as you like . )
- Visual Editor- Let’s you edit the site live, with a drag and drop feature.
- Awesome Premium plugins.
- Shortcodes: Let you add elements in the middle of your post. ( An awesome feature, trust me. )
There definitely are a lot more reasons to go with wPZoom, I just listed a few. Now, you can go for individual themes, or you can buy all the themes for a highly discounted offer, and a “forever discount” option that will let you buy all the future themes at a discounted rate.
Buy it for 69$.
Is SEO your thing? Then Thesis definitely is for you. It’s known for its special focus on Search Engine Optimization, oh wait that’s just the starting point.
Here are the reason why you should be grabbing it:-
- Special and Lot of focus on SEO.
- DYI editor. Means, if you’re a 5th grade kid with a laptop in your hands, you could still design your very own theme using the Editor. And you don’t need to be a rocket science programmer.
- Thesis 2.0 balanced the focus between Looks and SEO. So you get awesome tools, widgets and boxes to work with.
- Boxes: Loaded with widgets, the boxes are actually like shortcodes, but a bit different. You can add Email Optins, Social sharing buttons and stuff like that from the boxes itself, without using any third party plugins.
I’m recommending thesis here because of it’s perfect balance between the two most crucial aspects of a successful blog, SEO and Looks. How much do you have to pay for Thesis?
Get it for $87.
The one reason, why you should be getting Pagelines right now is, It’s totally based on a Novice concept. Meaning, all you need to do in order to get a perfect layout is, Drag and Drop.
- Speed, Performance & Stability
Improved features that let you build faster, easier.
- Workflow & Management
Faster Working Experience, so you can invest more time on the more concerning factors, like Writing quality content.
- Search(SEO), Social, & Local
Pagelines now only keeps you SERP at a good health, it also addresses your Local SEO issues, so meaning if you’re a local brand, it’ll enhance your visibility.
- Parallax Scrolling.
- Visual Editor.
- Awesome Elements: Corousl, Testimonials , Decker Section ( Useful for Long term content ) etc.
With Pagelines, you can drag and drop the whole of the website. I mean everything that exists on a blog, every element, can be easily dragged and dropped, and with 0 coding skills you can get your dream layout.
Even if you’re a developer, and need a demo for your client, on how it will look for him, Pagelines cuts your working hours by around 80%. It’s extremely fast, just pickup an element and place it where you want.
Not only that, you’ll have unique design as it’ll totally be your own creativity. So if you’re just starting out, it should be your first choice.
Get it for $99. Trust me, it’s totally value for money.
Okay so if you’re looking for a Solid foundation, you definitely should be going with Ultimatum. Here’s why:-
Awesome FormBuilder. ( Trust me, forms? They’re money in disguise .)
- A lot of slider options.
- Super powerful Visual composer: Create your site Live, with just drag and drop. With the ability add awesome elements in the process.
- Child – Parent thing, so basically you can create your own theme or import it’s own.
- Twitter Bootstrap.
- Custom post creator. ( Create a variety of posts and not just “articles”.)
- Vast list of cool Google fonts.
- Custom made Icons.
In short, it’s the one theme you should go for if you really want to get into the deep sea of customization, and make use of the true potentials of a WordPress Framework.
Get it for $65.
Okay so Tesla is a framework which gives you access to it’s Themes and not the framework. But in most cases, it’s a good thing. I mean, the framework is the solid foundation upon which your site is based, so why mess with it?
Here are some of the reasons why you should give it a try:-
- Single integrated files. Meaning, the Theme+framework are a single file. You don’t need to upload two different files to your WordPress account.
- User Friendly control panel:- You can use any of the themes from Tesla, and it will all have the same control panel and settings. So meaning, you don’t have to waste any more time learning how the theme works.
- A great Theme panel. Which let’s you interact with your theme and customize most of the things you’ll want to customize from right there. ( Logos, background images , styles, layout options etc ).
- It’s Basic. Meaning, you don’t have lot’s of options, but in a positive way it’s better to say it reduces the hustle you’d have to go through if you’re just starting.
Get Tesla for just $39.
It’s special, yes it is. In the sense that, you want to go with Genesis for it’s awesome security & SEO right? But there is so much confusion about the child themes, you just can’t decide. That’s where Dynamic site Builder helps you.
It’s a Visual Editor, that can be integrated with Genesis, to give you the awesome Customization ability that Genesis might have missed somewhere along the way to it’s superb SEO journey.
It works like charm when it comes to editing your blog layout, appearance, fonts or any aspect concerning the looks.
I’d still point out, that it has some extremely advanced options too. You want to play with the php or the Css of the theme? Feel free, Dynamic covers that too . *
Get Dynamic for $59.
It’s free. Yeah read that again. It is. Think that’s the only reason to go get it right at the moment? Hold on I’ve got you a whole ton of features on Gantry to speak for itself:-
- Drag and Drop Page builder.
- Huge Widgets Database
- Widgets are totally customizable, from their position to different settings.
- Sliders to boost up your style.
- Ability to add custom CSS.
- Maintenance mode available.
- Responsive ( Ofcourse ).
Get it for “FREE”.
These above frameworks have certain characteristics in common, which I didn’t think is wise to include each and everytime, so here they are:-
- Extremely SEO optimized.
- Grid based- Meaning totally responsive.
- Have external widgets .
The point is, yes most of these Frameworks aren’t free. But well, think of them as an essential, “return for sure” investments. Just like a domain and a Server is a must for a blog’s survival, so is it’s SEO and Design framework, and all of that is combined in these frameworks.
Would love to hear your thoughts or feedbacks about all or any of these above listed WordPress Frameworks.